Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday's List

1. Hubby threw a birthday party for me last night.

2. It was incredibly fun...surrounded by my closest friends and trouncing them in wii bowling...what could be bad about that? :)

3. Plus I got to see Paul smack Drew in the arm (*accidentally*...) during wii tennis.

4. Pictures of the cake my hubby made for me are on their way (beautiful shoebox with a red stiletto on the top!)

5. And by "red stiletto" I mean an actual shoe made out of chocolate.

6. Kids went back to school today.

7. I already miss spending time with them but at the same time I'm extemely grateful for an uninterrupted morning. =)

8. Paul discovered another band that I now love - Nightwish. For those who enjoy Lacuna Coil or Within Temptation, try Nightwish's latest album "Dark Passion Play" - there's also an incredible instrumental version of that album. (*ping* Katy, you'd love this!)

9. Have a lot of organizing to do before Paul can move in next Wednesday.

10. Going out tonight with Paul and Kelly and Amy and Eric - Macaroni Grill and bowling.

11. Real bowling, sadly, not wii bowling so I can just kiss my 190 scores goodbye and pray for mercy and for the ability to at least score over 80 and not humiliate myself by either A) tossing the ball at the people behind me or B) doing a belly flop onto the bowling lane because the stupid ball refuses to detach itself from my hand.

12. Carpal tunnel in the wrists does not a successful bowler make.

13. One of our more challenging kids in our 3 year old Sunday school class decided yesterday to bring a small firetruck with him when he went "potty" in the small bathroom attached to our classroom.

14. He finished his business, yanked up his pants, leaned down, scooped up the firetruck, threw it into the toilet, and flushed.

15. Why?? Because he's three. And he's a boy.

16. Luckily, it went down. I really didn't want to have to explain that one to anyone in maintenance.

17. Especially since the head of building maintenance is one of our closest friends and he might have just told us to go after it ourselves. =)

18. I got presents last night for my birthday!!

19. I have a lot of laundry to do today. And YES, Kailani, by "a lot", I do mean "copious amounts". See how much better that sounds??

20. People are teasing me lately about my extensive and prolific vocabulary because apparently it is cause for extreme amusement that I know how to thoroughly express my thoughts and feelings using words that would actually give you more than three points on a scrabble board. =)

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, an important distinction. And I agree, you don't smack.

    Except...

    This time you did.

    Because it was unintentional. And it was seriously funny. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copious amounts eh? Of laundry? Better that than belching I suppose. Oh and it's 1:02...it was your birthday one hour and 2 minutes ago! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love you.
    ~kk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for pictures! That cake sounds awesome.

    K

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...